Terms and Conditions of Hire
Terms & Conditions of Hire:
Terms of Payment:
- The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the security and care of the trailer and equipment at all times during the hire period.
- The Hirer is not permitted to lend or sub-lease the trailer and equipment to any other persons.
- The Hirer must hold a full unrestricted Australian driver’s license and be at least 21 years of age.
- The Hirer must be identified before taking delivery of the trailer and equipment.
- The Hirer must provide a current photo drivers licence and a second form of ID (eg Credit Card, Medicare or Rates Notice.)
- The Hirer must not have been refused Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- The Hirer’s towing vehicle is to have a current Comprehensive Insurance Policy and Registration.
- Use in other States or Territories not listed on the Hire Agreement is only permitted with prior arrangement and must be shown clearly in the Hire Agreement.
- The Hirer is responsible for all relative costs incurred for the day by day running of the cold room and BBQ, such as mains power, generator fuel and LPG gas.
- During the period of hire the Hirer will observe, comply and carry out all legal requirements of all statures, acts, By-laws, ordinances and regulations in force in relation to the operation of the trailer and equipment or in relation to the premises or location in which the trailer and equipment is operated.
- The Hirer must ensure that at all times the trailer and equipment will be towed in a safe manner according to road and weather conditions.
- The Hirer must not tow the trailer and equipment whilst under the influence of alcohol and or drugs.
- The Hirer agrees at all times to permit the Owner access to inspect/repair the hired trailer and equipment.
- The Hirer will indemnify the Owner against all actions, claims & expenses arising out of the negligent use of the trailer and equipment.
- The Hirer is fully responsible for paying any infringements. Eg: Traffic, Parking, Toll etc. during the hire period.
- A deposit of $100.00 is payable as a Booking Fee and is non-refundable if booking is cancelled within 7 days of hire date.
- Full balance of payment for the hire period is required on or before the date of hire commencement.
- A Security Bond equivalent to the insurance excess is payable on day of pick up of the trailer and equipment.
- Security Bond will be refunded (in part or full) pending an inventory, maintenance and damage check by the Owner or his agent.
- The Owner reserves the right to cancel the Hire Agreement at any given time should the Terms and Conditions of hire be contravened. Any refund will be at the discretion of the Owner or his agent.
- Termination of hire under any clause of this agreement shall not affect the right of the Owner or his agent, to recover from the Hirer any moneys due at the time of termination or to recover damages in respect of any breach by the Hirer of the terms of the agreement.
- By signing this contract and then taking delivery of the trailer and equipment, the Hirer has satisfied himself/herself as to the condition of the trailer and equipment and as to its suitability for his/her intended purpose and acknowledges receiving the trailer and equipment in good working order.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring the security of the trailer and equipment until returned to the Owner or his agent.
- The trailer and equipment is used entirely at the Hirer’s risk and indemnifies the Owner from any claims arising from the misuse of the trailer and equipment.
- The Hirer shall give notice to the Owner or his agent, as soon as possible, any defect or maintenance required during the period of hire of the trailer and equipment.
- In the event of the equipment being damaged in any way, the Owner shall be entitled to make such necessary repairs and reinstate the trailer and equipment to the condition it was in at the time of delivery to the hirer. The costs so incurred by the Owner (not claimable under insurance) shall be recoverable from the Hirer and payable on demand.
- Should any damage occur to the trailer and equipment, (and not be claimable under insurance), the entire or part of the Security Bond will be retained at the discretion of the Owner.
- Any damage to the tyre(s) or rims of the Trailer (not covered by the manufacturers warranty) will become the responsibility of the Hirer. Should tyre(s) blow or shred during normal use (specified under the manufacturers warranty), the Hirer may replace the tyre(s) or rims at their expense and be entitled to a refund from the Owner.
- The trailer and equipment must not be altered, modified, or tampered with in any way either internally or externally.
- Any items found to be broken, missing, substituted or lost will be deducted from the Hirers Security Bond.
- The owner shall not be responsible to the Hirer or any other person for damages or compensation for any loss suffered by the Hirer or any other person by reason of any late delivery or breakdown of the trailer and equipment.
- Cancellations within 14 days of hire pickup date will be charged the full period hire charge. All other monies will be refunded if more than 14 days notice is given of cancellation.
Personal Items/Products Stored:
- The Owner must be advised in the event of a breakdown as soon as possible. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to make sure that the trailer and equipment is secure at all times. The Owner shall not be liable for expenditure, inconvenience, loss or damage incurred by the Hirer in the event of a breakdown.
- In the event of an accident involving the trailer and equipment, the Hirer must notify The Owner as soon a practicable.
- The Hirer is responsible for making the report to the Police in the event of any accident.
- The Hirer is responsible for obtaining the following details: Name, DOB, Address, Phone Numbers, Drivers Licence details of any other drivers involved, the Registration number, Make, Model and Colour of any other vehicles involved, the name and address details of any witnesses present at the time of accident and the Police Officers Name and Station where accident is reported.
- The Owner takes no responsibility for the Hirer’s personal effects.
- The Hirer indemnifies the Owner or his agent from any loss or damage to any product, materials or personal items stored in the trailer and equipment by the Hirer.
- At the commencement of hire, the Hirer acknowledges that the trailer and equipment is clean and in good repair. The Hirer undertakes to return it in a similar condition both inside & out (fair wear & tear excepted). If the trailer and equipment is returned in a dirty condition (in the opinion of the Owner), it will result in a charge against the Hirer’s bond to cover cleaning costs.
- The Owner reserves the right to refuse hire should (in the Owner’s opinion) the Hirer’s vehicle be deemed unsuitable.
- All Trailers are fitted with a seven pin round plug. The towing vehicle will require a 7 pin round socket. Alternatively, an adapter can be supplied by the Owner at no expense, if returned in good condition.
- Trailers and equipment not returned by the due time will be charged a late fee at the discretion of the Owner or his agent.
- Any request for additional days is at the discretion of the Owner or his agent and will rely entirely on future demand and availability.
- If the Hirer does not return the trailer and equipment within 24 hours of the expiration of the hire period in the contract (or does not notify the Owner of the delay in return) the trailer and equipment shall be deemed to have been appropriated and will be reported to the Police as stolen. Any cost incurred by the Owner in recovery of the trailer and equipment will be payable by the Hirer.
OUR INDUSTRY PARTNERS